Utility Incentive Programs
EcoSpex is working with a number of Ontario Utilities companies in colloboration with the IESO contract (formally OPA). Expect results on our work Q1 and Q2 of 2017.
Utility companies offer financial incentives to attract customers and help them reduce building energy demand and operating costs. Ecospex has partnered with several utility companies to provide a centralized resource for the design community on electricity, water, and gas incentive programs. Through this partnership, Ecospex provides:
- Key information on each incentive program in a standardized format
- Company information, including contacts and application forms
- Case studies that demonstrate how incentive programs are applied to and benefit different markets
- Advanced search options to streamline access to specific incentive programs to suit your needs
- Prescreening of listed products to determine incentive program eligibility
- Ability to store and save information on incentives programs in MyProject.
These features deliver the following benefits to the end user:
- Discover incentive programs that can improve your project's bottom line
- Quickly screen products that meet program eligibility criteria
- Save time by accessing just one website for the programs from all partnering utilities
- Find all the crucial program information that is easily missed when navigating an incentive program’s webpages.
- Easily compare incentive programs for suitability, eligibility, benefits, requirements, and application process.
- Share information with team members on incentive programs and eligible products with ease through MyProjects
There are two types of incentive programs offered: product programs and service programs. Product programs provide incentives for specific technologies (e.g. condensing gas boilers) or prequalified products. Service programs provide incentives for building and equipment related services, such as energy audits or boiler tune-ups.
Eligibility criteria vary across the programs and are generally based on technologies, project type (new build or retrofit), product performance, product size, and/or building type.
Ecospex has pre-screened products listed on the website for eligibility under the incentive programs. The product search tool on the Ecospex Home Page allows users to filter listed products by incentive program or type. Design and Construction Professionals can now communicate by saving, storing and sending documents to their project team more efficiently.